Monday, April 22, 2024

Jeep Patriot 2.4L Intake with a P2007 problems and how it was going

Image of intake manifold removed and
just the AC condenser remaining until delivery of the new radiator



After dealing with that bit of a detour working on the radiator, that is now installed.  I brought the intake manifold out from storage and did my check through.  It has been over a month since it was removed and cleaned and lubed up lightly in key areas.  I've not found much details on the bits inside and if they should be lubed.  

I had cleaned all carbon residue and polished off any bad scrub marks left by my plastic scraper.  The rubber parts still looked good and the flapper part was scrub as much as possible.  The test was to see if at any point the slot key that operated the flapper would bind on any part of the motion from up to down.  There was only 15 to 20 degrees of movement, but the handful of accounts as to what causes the error code seems to say that the ECM must really be sensitive to the time and volts to move the flapper into position when needed.  

The motor part was brought into position and the two 10mm and one 8mm screws were put back on.  Checking were all my wires were and then I lowered the intake manifold into position while noting the position of the throttle body relative to the bracket that will be attached later.  I had removed the cam sensor to allow for that little extra space to insert the intake manifold into position on the stud nearby.  Lined it up on both studs to and hand spun on the nuts to hold things up.  The passenger side nut was a tiny pain to position and spin on due to needed an off from straight angle to position it.  I used a finger cot stretch on to the socket to help hold the nut and wished I had a fancy magnetic holder.  The bolts were mostly easy.  The mixed information was giving, around 21-28 inch pounds to secure everything?  I didn't remember having to struggle with the removal, so 28-30 is good enough.  All wires and plug were put back and the battery tray and battery.  I glugged coolant in the day before for the other project and now I moved on to filling the new radiator and testing the idle for any errors.  The procedure to purge bubbles means bringing the engine temp up to normal running.  I figure this was a good start to testing the intake manifold as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment