Sunday, May 26, 2024

The truth is not if but when I'll need a new subframe (K frame)

 


Next in the saga... Subframes.

Already I can see a small hole has developed on a section.  I could try to weld a patch on it unless it is structurally weakened, then the big replacement project must be planned.  I have brand new parts in the rear, but it some key areas prove to be in poor condition, then I'll add that to the list.

Post inspection: 

Sections associated with the lower control arms are in reasonable condition.  The front face of the subframe has started to rust, but no signs of rust through and can be managed with rust treatment and paint.  In overall integrity of the shell is still sound.

Looks like it might survive until next year depending on how much salt it gets this coming winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment